Every year, Six Flags Over Texas unleashes a few nights of horror and mayhem in their theme park. The Fright Fest nights have been voted the Best Theme Park Halloween Event in the state, and this year, this there are more chilling attractions than ever before.
Before you snag tickets for one of the nights between September 22 and October 31, there are some things you should know:
- Fright Fest evenings begin during the evening and last well after the sun goes down, making the park especially creepy.
- There are "Haunted Attractions," which are essentially scary mazes that are plagued by darkness and other unknown terrors.
- The park's "Scare Zones" certainly aren't for the faint of heart. There are people dressed up as everything from freaks to serial killers, and their number one job is to scare you.
- In general, Fright Fest is probably a little too intense for anyone under the age of thirteen. Leave the young ones at home so they don't wind up with Halloween nightmares.
- No costumes are permitted in the park, so if you're looking for a place to debut your 2018 dress-up creation, you'll need to attend another event.
- The rides are open as usual, so you can scream to your heart's content on rides like Toxic Shock Wave and Batman.
- The park will also host live performances during Fright Fest, including "Welcome to Arania's Nightmare" and "Dead Man's Party Presents: Hell Block Panic."
To learn more about Fright Fest or to plan your visit, visit www.sixflags.com. Don't forget to enter to win free tickets by signing up for the park's newsletter!