Legendary Downtown Dallas Hotel Debuts Holiday Events with new TXGiving at The Fairmont, Thanksgiving with a Texas Flair by Executive Chef Jared Harms
DALLAS (November 12, 2018) - The Fairmont Dallas, the luxury Dallas hotel destination in the exclusive Arts District, announces “TXGiving at the Fairmont,” kicking off several new signature experiences this holiday season. Open to both hotel guests and the public, “TXGiving at The Fairmont” offers three special ways to celebrate Thanksgiving including a Thanksgiving Brunch Buffet, Thanksgiving Dinner at the Pyramid Restaurant and even “Turkey to Go,” a four-course chef-prepared dinner for four or eight people, ready for easy pickup.
Designed by Executive Chef Jared Harms, the trio of Texas-inspired events plays homage to his roots of growing up in South Texas and learning dishes from a a “true home chef, his mom,” while marrying all the regional cuisine influences of Texas as well as his own culinary adventures in North Texas. Before coming to The Fairmont Dallas, Harms spent time honing his craft at the Mansion on Turtle Creek under Chef John Tesar and later Chef Bruno Davaillon, York Street Restaurant under the leadership of Chef Sharon Hage.
“We want our guests to get everything out of a Thanksgiving experience in the traditional sense, but we want to make it different and definitely Fairmont Dallas - by making guests feel welcome in their home away from home.” said Chef Harms. “Even if it’s just for the day or their staying with us at the hotel.”
TXGiving Thanksgiving Brunch
Four seating times (10:30 am - 11 am, 1:30 pm and 2 pm) for Chef's Buffet + live music
$69 adults / $34.50 children
Enjoy Thanksgiving with a brunch buffet as big as the Lone Star state in the beautiful International Ballroom of The Fairmont Dallas. Made with locally sourced ingredients around DFW and the state, the expansive menu features dishes including:
- Charcuterie and Cheese station with Veldhuizen Cheddars (from Dublin), Pimento Pub Cheese, Latte Da Goat Cheese (from Flower Mound)
- Sustainable seafood display with Texas Citrus-Cured Salmon, Gulf Coast Shrimp, Crab Claws and Oysters
- Carving Station with Free Range Mesquite-Roasted Turkey
- Grilled Legend Meats from Indian Mountain Ranch and Pedernales Tempranillo-Braised Beef Short Ribs with Gristmill Chipotle Cheddar Cheese Grits
- Sweet treats like Maple Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie, Apple Cranberry Crumble, Chocolate Cream Pie, Oatmeal Cream Pie, Sweet Potato Trifle with Toasted Meringue, Carrot cake with Pineapple Cream Cheese, Banana Pudding with Texas-style ‘Nilla Wafers and Glazed Donut Bread Pudding with Cinnamon Banana Anglaise and even Pumpkin Crepes: Nutella, Cream Cheese filling, Bourbon Maple Syrup
- Gluten-free offerings like Almond Macaroons, Raspberry Cheesecake and Chocolate Cupcakes with Sweet Cream Frosting will also be served.
- Guests are invited to celebrate the occasion by wearing a cowboy hat or boots to brunch to receive a complimentary mimosa or champagne.
Thanksgiving Dinner at the Pyramid Restaurant
5 pm-8:30 pm
$49 adults / $24 kids
There’s nothing like dining in the famed Pyramid Restaurant, but for Thanksgiving make it a real memory with a Prix-Fixe menu designed by Exectuve Chef Jared Harms featuring:
- Fall Salad with Profound Greens & Herbs, Shaved Bosc Pear, Crispy Bacon, Feta, and Rosè Vinaigrette
- Sunchoke Bisque, Gulf Shrimp Relish, Herb Crème Fraiche, Pumpernickel Crouton
- Pumpkin Risotto, Acquerello Carnaroli, Parmesan, and Crisp Sage
- Mesquite Roasted Free Range Turkey, Cornbread Stuffing Muffins, Crispy Brussels Sprouts, TX Bourbon Sweet Potato, Spiced Cranberry Relish, and Pan Gravy
- Saffron Roasted Cod Tagine, Cumin Garbanzo Stew, Piquillo Pepper & Artichoke Broth
- Texas Beef Short Rib, Veldhuizen White Cheddar Grits, Roasted Fall Vegetables, Pedernales Tempranillo Jus
- Multiple dessert selections
Turkey to Go
$140 for 4 people / $265 for 8 people
214-720-5330 or email email@example.com
Orders must be received by Nov. 20
No time to create a Thanksgiving meal at home? Then leave it to The Fairmont Dallas with a full to-go dinner for four or eight people, packed for pick-up from noon– 5pm on Wednesday, Nov. 21 or 8 am – noon on Thursday, Nov. 22.
The special Turkey to Go Menu includes:
- STARTERS: Field Greens with Hazelnuts, Dried Cranberries, Apricots & Watermelon Radish Roasted Shallot & Thyme Vinaigrette
- SIDES; Green Bean Casserole, Sweet Potato Gratin, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes with Terrace Chives, Traditional Cornbread Stuffing, Cranberry Orange Compote Artisan Rolls, and Cornbread
- ENTREE: Butter Roasted Brined Tom Turkey with Sage Turkey Demi
- DESSERTS (Choose 2): Bourbon Pecan Pie, Apple & Cranberry Crumble, Pumpkin Pie, and Jumbo Chocolate
Since its prestigious opening in 1969, The Fairmont Dallas has stood as a symbol of the city’s tradition of culture, history, elegance and hospitality. The Fairmont Dallas remains a timeless property where luxury and gracious service are a way of life. For more information, please visit fairmont.com/dallas or call 800- 441-1414.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts connects guests to the very best of its destinations worldwide, providing travelers with memorable travel experiences, thoughtful and attentive service and luxury hotels that are truly unforgettable. Each Fairmont property reflects the locale’s energy, culture and history through locally inspired cuisine, spirited bars and lounges and distinctive design and decor. With more than 70 hotels globally, and many more in development, the Fairmont collection boasts some of the most iconic and distinctive hotels in the world. This extraordinary collection includes The Plaza in New York, The Savoy in London, Fairmont Grand Del Mar, Dubai’s Fairmont The Palm, Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, Fairmont San Francisco and Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Québec City. Fairmont is part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in more than 4,000 hotels, resorts and residences, as well as in over 2,500 of the finest private homes around the globe. For more information or reservations, please visit fairmont.com.