FORT WORTH, Texas (August 4, 2020) –
Lena Pope, the Tarrant County beneficiary of DFW Restaurant Week for the past 22 years, is urging local residents to support the 19 Tarrant County restaurants that are participating in 2020 DFW Restaurant Week, taking place August 31-September 6, with optional extension through September 27.
Doing so will not only support local restauranteurs and chefs in dire need of business, but also help improve the behavioral and mental health of the hundreds of local children and families served by Lena Pope.
With more than $2.2 million raised since 1998, DFW Restaurant Week is one of Lena Pope’s largest annual fundraisers.
“As restaurants are suffering 50 percent drops in sales and fighting daily to continue operations due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it is more important now than ever before to dine-in or get take-out from the 19 Tarrant County restaurants participating in this year’s DFW Restaurant Week,” said Ashley Elgin, Ph.D., chief executive officer at Lena Pope. “We are so thankful they’ve chosen to participate and give back during this cataclysmic time where every penny counts, so we’re calling on you – Tarrant County – to do your part, too.”
This year’s participating restaurants will offer both dine-in and take-out options, including three-course prix fixe dinners for either $39 or $49, and two-course lunches for just $19. For each meal purchased at Tarrant County participating restaurants, 10 percent will be donated back to Lena Pope.
Tarrant County restaurants participating in this year’s DFW Restaurant Week include (*indicates first-time participants):FORT WORTH
• Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse – 812 Main Street – www.delfriscos.com
• Eddie V's Prime Seafood – 3100 West 7th Street – www.eddiev.com
• *Gemelle – 4400 White Settlement Road – www.gemelleftw.com
• Grace – 777 Main Street – www.gracefortworth.com
• Lonesome Dove Western Bistro – 2406 North Main Street – www.lonesomedovefortworth.com
• Rise Souffle nº3 – 5135 Monahans Avenue – www.risesouffle.com
• Silver Fox Steakhouse – 1651 S. University Drive – www.silverfoxcafe.com
• Texas de Brazil – 101 North Houston Street – www.texasdebrazil.com
• The Capital Grille – 800 Main Street – www.thecapitalgrille.comARLINGTON
• Mercury Chop House Arlington – 2221 E. Lamar Boulevard – www.mercurychophouse.com
• Restaurant506 at the Sanford House – 506 North Center Street – www.thesanfordhouse.com
• The Melting Pot – 4000 Five Points Drive – www.meltingpot.comCOLLEYVILLE
• Next Bistro – 5003 Colleyville Boulevard – www.nextbistrotx.comGRAPEVINE
• Ferrari's Italian Villa – 1200 William D. Tate Avenue – www.ferrarisrestaurant.com
• Mac's on Main – 909 S. Main Street – www.macsteak.com
• Perry's Steakhouse & Grille – 2400 W. State Highway 114 – www.perryssteakhouse.comHURST
• La Bistro Italian Grill – 722 Grapevine Highway – www.facebook.com/labistrotx/SOUTHLAKE
• Kirby’s Prime Steakhouse – 3305 E. Highway 114 – www.kirbyssteakhouse.comWEATHERFORD
• *Fire Oak Grill – 114 Austin Avenue – www.fireoakgrill.com
“In 2019, DFW Restaurant Week had 162 total restaurant participants and raised a record $1 million for its charity partners – $289,070 of which came to Lena Pope. This year, we’d be fortunate to see a quarter of that,” added Elgin. “We hope our local residents will see this as an opportunity to give back and open their hearts and wallets to support these benevolent Tarrant County restaurants and our hundreds of families in-need. It’s a win-win.” ABOUT LENA POPE
Lena Pope believes that children are an asset with unlimited potential deserving of investment. Since 1930, Lena Pope has worked to improve child well-being in Tarrant County. Lena Pope provides evidence-based, research-tested programs focusing in prevention and early intervention services that support child development and improve the behavioral and mental health of children and families. Lena Pope uses investment from the community to change lives, families and Tarrant County. For more information, visit www.LenaPope.org
.ABOUT DFW RESTAURANT WEEK
DFW Restaurant Week presented by Your Metroplex Cadillac Dealers is North Texas’ largest culinary event. Each summer, diners enjoy delicious prix fixe meals at fine dining restaurants across the area, with a portion of the price donated to the North Texas Food Bank or Lena Pope. Over the past 23 years, DFW Restaurant Week has raised more than $10.2 million in donations for its charity partners, including $1 million in 2019 alone. DFW Restaurant Week presented by Your Metroplex Cadillac Dealers is an Entercom event. The 23rd anniversary campaign is proudly sponsored by Metroplex Cadillac Dealers, Atmos Energy, Beef Loving Texans (Texas Beef Council), FedEx Office, Garrison Brothers Distillery, Holmes Murphy, OpenTable, D magazine, the Star-Telegram, 214 Interactive and The Lovell Group. For the full dish on DFW Restaurant Week, please visit dfwrestaurantweek.com
and follow on Facebook